Wednesday, June 23, 2010

ACCEPTED!

Like it says on the tin, I've just been accepted for a position in South Korea. Specifically, English Village in Uiwang City. I'm hyperventilating with joy over here right now!

Here's the first bit of my acceptance message:

"Hi Maria!

I got a call from the English Village today and youre accepted!!

Congratulations!! You have got the job!!

Now let us assist you with the visa process.
"

I have all of my paperwork already, except for copies of a few things that won't take me more than a day or two to procure, so it's just a matter of sending everything in and getting my contract signed.

This isn't quite over yet. I have to triple-check and make sure I have EVERYTHING together to send in for my Visa application, not to mention print out, read, and sign my contract. I may also need to do an interview with the Korean consulate, the nearest of which is in Chicago. Hopefully, they'll do one over the phone, but I'm not holding my breath.

Still, I won't be leaving the country until mid-September or so, which gives me plenty of time to get all of this done. Deep breaths. Make some lists, prioritize, take it one step at a time. I can do this.

I'm so excited, I might not sleep tonight. Again. @_@


Cheers,

-Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment